Frequently Asked Queries:
Q: What are the requirements for submitting my blog to Anime Nano?A: I'm glad you asked! Here's the basic rules for joining:
- Your blog must be about anime, manga, or Japanese culture in general. Figures are cool, too.
- It shouldn't be too personal in nature. For example, if you write about anime and what your dog eats everyday, you might want to consider focusing on just anime (or just your dog's diet, but don't submit that blog).
- Your blog should already have some content on it. Have a minimum of 10 solid entries.
- Your blog must be at least one month old (from the date of the first post). This is so there is less of a chance of "orphaned blogs" on Anime Nano.
- Advertising is okay. I mean, this site has advertising, right? Just keep it reasonable. Adsense is cool. Those annoying clicksor ads that show up in text or pop up ads are a no-no.
- I really hate bad grammar. Not that it alone would kill your chances, but hey, I just thought I'd throw that out there.
- Use an RSS2 feed link (available on Wordpress blogs). If you have a blogspot blog, run it through Feedburner first.
- Your blog must be in English.
- Blogs that are news story heavy with little original or editorial content will not be accepted.
- You blog must not directly contain NSFW material (from the first click to your content).
Q: Help, my profile/user avatar is not showing up! What gives?A: Each user has his/her own avatar which is seperate from his/her blog. So make sure once you've registered that you've uploaded a pic for both you and your blog.
Q: I have a group anime blog. How do I add a second writer to my blog?A: As of now, I don't have functionality built in for adding users, so I just do it manually. Let me know what the username of the other person that writes your blog is, and I'll add him/her.
Q: Oh noes! I got a page that says: "Application error (Rails)" What does that mean!?A: That probably means I'm a bad coder. Let me know the url and what you were doing when you got the error, so I can investigate and fix it. I'm pretty new at this whole administering a webpage thing, so there's bound to be many bugs.